Thursday, October 12, 2006

The mac commercial don't lie

You have seen this, and I'm sure you all knew the greatness that is a mac compare to a PC ... except gaming :( ...
But I just keep getting surprises.
I have no idea why I hadn't done it earlier, but I just synchronize my cell phone with my macbook :D

It was really easy, all the commercials that said how the mac is ready to connect with everything "out of the box", are true.

I just turn the bluetooth for both, made a scan on iSync.
And the mac by itself recognized the N-gage and asked my permission to start merging my contacts and calendars.
It did a little bit of a mess when it didn't realize two similar entries were actually the same. But that is just one delete away.

Anyway I thought it is cool. Stynky should do it on his non-gamer-boring-regular-camera cell phone.

4 comments:

styx said...

oh wow, I must try this, so next time I loose my cellphone I will have a backup of all my contacts! :-)

I had connected my cellphone to my MAC but just to transfer photos (the ones from Pittsburgh)

styx said...

btw how do you make a print screen capture in the MAC? %-)

styx said...

grr I have been trying to synchronize my phone and my mac for the last hour and the only thing it synchronizes is that it gives my MAC 3 contact numbers I had in my cellphone. I dont know why the others are not transferred...

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Well, do you actually have contact info in your mac address book?
Also there is an option to merge data when syncronizing, though I'm not sure if it is only the first time it is done.
Also, I'm assuming you use iCal to take advantage of this syncs, right?

And printscreen is Shift+apple+3
Not allowed when DVD playback :( :P