Friday, October 27, 2006

Arepas

Quick post since I'm supposed to be studying for the class I'm...

Last weekend I went to a potluck party to say goodbye to a grad student in my previous lab. Now it might not seem true at first, but my skills on Colombian cuisine, are FAR FAR from the true flavors of my country.
Still I couldn't show up as the only empty handed, so, after discussing (emailing :P) with some friends, it was decided that the only thing I should dare to try are some arepas. In this case "arepaequeso".

Now, depending on your knowledge of this treat you will notice from the pic how was my improvement from an early version to the later ones.
Obviously you can not taste them, but believe me there was also an improvement on that department.



In the end the surprising thing was that I HAD FUN making them, even in this damn crowded kitchen of Hawkins, I had fun. And since they tasted fairly ok in the end, I've decided to keep on practicing for my weekend breakfasts (After this weekend since I will try my best at studying).
So next time, if you want, I can share with you some of my "arepas"

Hmm not so quick post after all... gtg

1 comment:

A Fly on the Wall said...

looks yum! what was your receipe?