Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We3 Now in my top 10


Which, I don't really even have 10 beloved comics... more like 4 or 5... but anyways. Now We3 is definetly on my favorite comicbook list. It has the animal=good, humans=bad of my favorite quote "Mientras más conozco a la gente, más quiero a mi perro". It is really short, specially since several parts of the story are just told by images, no dialogues whatsoever, and obviously animal dialogues are short, and extremely nice.
It is quite graphic, showing a lot of violence on several panels, so not for the weak stomach people.

I found this long interview whith Morrison about it. Guess I might have to buy animal man now.

ANIMALS protecting each other.

3 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

can you translate the quote?
Btw you have taken that comic about the last man on earth right? I couldn't find it to read it. it was called Y-man? or something like that.

I am slowly going thru the graphic novels in the house. :-D

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

"The more I know people, the more I love my dog"
The greatest comic out there is "Y the last man" really good, but I think I finnally convince Alvaro to take it and read it, so I don't know if he has it, or if he left it there.

So did you read Maus?

styx said...

"Basically, we hurt, abuse and torture some animals because we can get away with it, in typical bully style. We tend to think our very human-ness confers upon us some special distinction from the animals but it does that no more so than does the 'orangutan-ness' of an orang gives her special distinction."


Anyways, yes I have Y-The Last Man with me. I think I can give it to you as soon as you read "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" and "Batman: Year One" :-P


So you finished reading Fables? I am thinking of buying these new two books from Satrapi:

Chicken With Plums
and
Embroideries. What do you think?