Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sonic Team

Nope, not the developers of the Sonic games, but the main team from the genesis era carved in pumpkins!!!

That is right, I finally got into the tradition of pumpkin carving thanks to the lovely guidance and geeky encouragement from the girl.
She actually found this sonic, tails and knuckles patterns and by her mom's wise advise: An entire MASTER CARVING KIT.

Now we were quite aware that with our lack of experience, it was going to be quite a challenge, so we just bought one pumpkin and decided to get Sonic in it.
After a surprise messy start, we managed to clear a nice top, and tape the pattern into the pumpkin. With the help of the pounce wheel from the kit, we managed to pass a pretty clear image of Sonic, into the pumpkin's skin.



I know its barely visible, but trust me. There is a sonic face in that pumpkin.



After quite some work, and surprisingly ZERO CUTS (hello kitty band aid of mine was a prior misadventure) we managed to make quite an amazing job.
Our supervisor was so proud of our work, that we had to test it immediately. Problem was with such a bright day the only dark place we thought on testing it was...



I was so excited and motivated by this amazing first attempt, that decided on getting two extra pumpkins. One for Tails, one for knuckles. And so I went and bought... THREE pumpkins (It was decided she will now carve Hello Kitty).

This other two required quite a great deal of work, maybe cause of exchaustion, maybe cause of the need to finish before desperate housewives, maybe cause it was just not meant to be, the other two don't look as bright as the first one. However I think it was a very VERY good job, and thus I will displayed them proudly.



While I was carving these two new ones, and begging for her help on the peeling parts, she managed to carve an amazing Hello Kitty without any patterns, follow by cooking of pumpkin seeds, chicken soup, and watch entire episodes of scandalous TV.
Don't ask me how, she just manages to multi-task like no one I know, or will ever know.

I'm feeling lucky.

3 comments:

styx said...

nice; who was the "supervisor" of your work?

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Her roomate

A Fly on the Wall said...

I don't think I ever commented on these even though I saw them when they first came out. Very Very nice!!! :-D