Thursday, November 06, 2008

World of Goo



Recently I've been playing WORLD OF GOO. This little gem came to my attention after the escalation of the DRM issue in gaming. It lacks any DRM, and if you purchase it from their site you get access to windows and mac versions (Linux coming soon) without having to buy a game individually for each platform.

But I fell in love with it because of actual gameplay and atmosphere. If you see the video from their site you will have a feeling about the music, and how it feels as if you are in some Tim Burton type of world. Some how odd yet familiar and a little bit magical.
Gameplay is fairly simple. Link the Goo balls until you reach the exit pipe trying to get as many of them through it; a little reminiscent of lemmings.

I've been having a lot of fun, the music and level design always have me smiling (The sign painter who gives you hints is hilarious), it is a really amazing game and you should give it a try. It was developed by an independent group, has no official publisher, it is only $20 (granted is a really short game, but re playability is quite high) and you will make the world a much much better place if you get it. Trust me.

2 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

Looks cool!! the kind of game I would play :-P You should bring it with you when you visit us in Dec.

meanwhile TowerDefense on PS3 is my absolute favourite game.

styx said...

hmm, according to Wikipedia the Wii version has a co-operative mode.

Like the new tetris party

http://www.tetrisparty.com/