Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Betamax is now a legend O.O

The undergrads in my lab think they've heard it before, but knew NOTHING about it.

I was apparently supposed to feel old cause I knew about it while they didn't ... but I just felt "special" ^.^

Though I gotta say its still somewhat odd for me, kinda hard to believe, that the Betamax is not known, something someone never heard of.
They still now about vinyl, atari, camera's film, etc ... but no Betamax !!!
And I thought it lasted way longer than the HD-DVD and blu-ray battle.

oh wells.

2 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

maybe this battle was more of a `battle' in motherland. um i mean, colombia.
i didn't know too much about it either.

styx said...

Yes, Only Colombia and other few countries in South America and Japan had Betamax.

In the US it was VHS from the beginning