Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Orange Box is not perfect!!!, I'm gonna have to go back to WoW



Well everyone was praising the orange box so much that I had to check it out. And I can testify about all the goodness that portal is. Half life 2 episode 2 seems interesting, but Team Fortress 2 is not n00b friendly :(.

I know what you are thinking... "But you are not a n00b, so what is your complain? This will actually keep n00bs away from your gaming experience!!!"
But the truth is, as Team Fortress goes, I'm a n00b. :(
The game comes without any introduction to each class mechanics. They just immediately throw you in search of some servers for games, and of course they all have a thousand mods running that I have to download, and then after an incredibly short (yet cute/funny) intro of the map, I'm thrown into the action... without any knowledge on how to make the most out of my class, and where the hell I should be headed >.< href="http://valardur.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html">didn't want me to leave, email me awaiting my return, in the meantime, in real life, I return to my real life friends and discover... no one really cares. I've discover that my only friend is my roommate, and there is only much amount of time we can hang out together before they start thinking we are a gay couple >.< href="http://www.commandandconquer.com/default.aspx">C&C3 (ZOMG how could've forgotten)
Bioshock (since I miss systemshock)
The Witcher (Cause people keep comparing it as the BG of our times, story-wise, cause as the rest goes it crashes a lot)
Word in Conflict (Innovative RTS? I gotta see it)
Spore (oh wait.... when the hell is it gonna come out? ... oh hey, look it was at NASA seminar!!!)
STALKER (FPS/RPG a Deus Ex wannabe)
Civilization IV (cause like the Final Fantasy franchise, seems I can't call myself a gamer until I play them)

And that should cover it for a while :D
And never stop believing in cake !!

Edit: OH wow this was really messed up after posting, apprently placing "d'oh faces" before links really messes up blogspot. Anyways the list is the list of games I will buy to give more money to other developers, so that Blizzard doesn't get all MY CAKE.
HA gg Blizzard !! :P

2 comments:

styx said...

Hehe, in preparation for the Orange Box I got Half Live for the PS2 through Goozex :-D

As soon as I finish I will have to play the orange box... but since a lot of people talk about Portal... do I need to play first Half Life 2 to understand Portal or not?

And... did you play system shock?

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

Oh, so now someone can summarize for me Half Life 1 :D

You can start playing Portal NOW!!!
Although its set on the Half life universe, the story is a stand-alone, and never crosses any parts with Half life stories.

Nopes, I didn't play system chock, so, I have to play Bioshock :D