Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bromophenol #0000A0 Valentine



Yeah, so this was my geek take on Valentines :D
I treated my flowers with Bromophenol blue, cause as awesome as it would've been to put them on some water with DAPI and then see them under the UV light of the hood.
A) That would've got me fired from PURDUE
B) The Receivers don't have a hood with UV light at their houses so the effort would've been lost.

Anywas, you can't see it well on the picture, in part cause it didn't work as well as I hoped to, but, the Blue spots on the flower where achieved by letting them stand on water with Bromophenol Blue.
Misteriously one of the white roses that I just treated for 5 hours before leaving them with a note on Dee's desk, showed a lot better than the one of the picture, which was treated for 2 days!!

*shurgs, mysteries of life*.

Anyways on the spirit of the season, I wish also to trademark or copyright my geek proposal idea... stolen from: THIS STORY, and THIS PROPOSAL.
Basicly I will have her sequence the following protein motif:

Met Ala Arg Arg Tyr . Met Glu

Not sure if I should put a stop codon between them, and also I'm not putting the DNA sequence cause I don't want someone stealing my idea by just putting a silent mutation and not paying me with proper dues for stealing my proposal, and I don't wish to put the different combinations that would translate into that sequence.

1 comment:

A Fly on the Wall said...

what a geeky valentine post! :-D i remember putting dye in the water of flowers when i was but a wee girl in iran.
I have also been wondering if the purple colly flower that i buy from Farmers Market is dyed... although this place is so organic i would doubt it. Which makes me claim... wow what a color!!