Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Bro's wedding Part I

On September 1st at 5:45 am I was woke up by my alarm.
It was the first of three days of Uberly-fun-extravaganza that was my bro's wedding... but of course at 5:45 am, I was not in the mood for anything.
Given a quick shower, I took my bag's (which I thought I had made full last night, but I was proved wrong later) and headed to the bus stop were they would pick me up to go to the airport, I look really strong carrying 2 big suitcases (which were completely empty) but none had to know that.
The journey to the airport and following flight to BWI was pretty uneventfully, though I must point out I got into those planes only 3 seats in a row, and are REALLY REALLY SMALL. I had to walk either with head completely tilt 90 degrees.

finally I arrived at Baltimore, apparently early cause my brother was going to kindly pick me up, but when I called he seemed surprised. But after 1 hour wait he arrived with my cousin Pamela who had come all the way from Colombia for my brother's wedding.

After the "hellos" and catching up on Pamela's adventures in France, we went to the place were the reception was going to be held.
This was at the Golf course of UMD. That given the "Ernesto" storm, was not too sunny, and it was a big worry for the Wedding tomorrow.
My brother and my new sister-in-law checked on a lot of things which I already forgot :( All I DO remember is that it was MY responsibility to turn OFF the music when I wanted everyone o leave... which I will talk more later... but anyhow a bunch of last day arrangements were done, and we headed to the church at UMD. It was REHEARSAL time. At this time I thought to rehearse was kind of unnecessary, I never thought that indeed I would messed up at the wedding :P, but we went ahead and rehearse our entrance, stands etc. That went pretty quick, and father Jon, left us to rehearse by ourselves.
I our rehearsal, we took most things as a joke and just had a good time.

Afterwards we had to split up, this was my bro's last day as a bachelor so we had to go, go to the bachelor party, right?
And so we did :P and we went and met all the members of our father's side that were in Washington at the time... It was WILD, we went to our aunt's house, and we ate lasgna with some icecream afterwards... Oh yeah.
Sarcasm a side, we spend some nice time, and I got the coolest photo out of a cousin's camera that take pictures in infrared ... I'm waiting him for me to send it so I can post it here.

And by the time we were back at home it was already the day of the wedding, so some little sleep before the big day

To be continue

2 comments:

styx said...

show me the pictures!
photos!
anyways
You didn't take photos on Friday?

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

No pictures on Friday... or worst, no pictures on Sunday :( and really few on Saturday :(
I was prepared to fully document this, but I dissapointed myself :(

I'm going to need your pictures, and the ones are cousins took, and if anybody else have any (rose, stynky) start blogging about it.