Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lab break in San Fran

As most of you know I went last weekend to the ASCB meeting in San Francisco.
My only other time where I went to such a big gathering of nerds was with Otakon, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed at the ASCB people as I saw NO cosplay whatsoever. Otakon was way better on that front.

Anyways the trip started quite ok with a new and improved Indy airport.


there was a stop at Minnapolis where they had this amusing projector:



When I got to San Fran I was received by Stynky and Sis-in who took me to the Coit tower for a better view of San Fran... once we climbed a couple of stairs >.>




We also walk a lot around and saw ice skating, giant spiders, free bread etc. All in all, a good day. The best part was the great advice from Stynk, as he pointed out how close was the playstation store to the Moscone center :D
I did however had to restrain myself of going there the next day, as I had to be a salesman for ASCB in order to get my money back for registration (which I'm still waiting)
T-shirt selling was ok, I guess, a short visit from Chippy made it better.
Once I was done I went to gather as much free swag as possible, as always free stuff is nice yet it would've been niceR if I had won the Wii from the SABioscience seminar. After months of constantly buying their primers and staying at the moscone center till 8:30pm, I was betrayed by them as they handed the Wii to a random Berkeley student. GRRRRR
He probably already has one and will be selling this one on eBay GRRRRRR
Life is so unfair!.

So, no Wii, guess I'll spend most of the time at the Playstation store,
or the apple store,
or the lush store... erh... that one was only for a min though :P

Anyways gel is about to finish run, so other honorable mentions for the trip goes to Chippy and her taqueria tour in San Fran, Sis-in for the amazing soupand BDBioscience for my new poster tube.
I'll be uploading some pics where appropriately.

No comments: